This article presents a list of films portraying paedophilia or sexual abuse of minors. The attraction or abuse may be to a single specific individual or to several children. The pedophilic attraction or sexual abuse may be central to the plot or incidental.
Both children and adolescents
|Contents||Top · 0–9 · A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
- 8 mm, 1999, directed by Joel Schumacher, starring Nicolas Cage, Joaquin Phoenix, and James Gandolfini.
- The main character (private investigator Tom Welles, played by Nicolas Cage), is hired to research the authenticity of a snuff film depicting a teenage girlfriend being raped and tortured by a masked man, as well as the girl's apparent murder.
- American Beauty, 1999 American drama film
The protagonist is motivated to change his life after becoming infatuated with his daughter's classmate.
A young girl is raped by her father. Decades later, another girl living in the same house is haunted by the former's ghost, prompting her mother to question the relationship between her daughter and her ex-husband.
- Depicts several acts of rape performed by the prisoners on other prisoners.
- "Pinto" sleeps with Mayor's 13-year-old daughter.
- Born in a jail, Antwone faces years of mental, physical and sexual abuse. Joins the Navy later in life.
- Depicts a young African-American girl being raped by two white men, and her father (Samuel L. Jackson) is put on trial for their subsequent murder.
- A teenage girl is raped by an older man, another man is falsely accused.
- Angry Dogs
- Jim Carroll (played by Leonardo DiCaprio) is a 16-year-old junkie. At the end of the film he prostitutes himself once in order to get money for buying drugs.
- A young girl from Carolina is sexually abused by her stepfather and eventually raped on screen.
- A boy discovers (over time) that his best friend is being sexually abused by her father, and eventually remembers that he was made to perform with her in videotaped child pornography at night in Disney World.
- A promiscuous young woman (Christina Ricci) tries to change her ways, and faces the fact that she was sexually abused by her mother's boyfriend when she was a child.
- A woman divulges that her father, when she was a child, had raped her, resulting in a daughter.
- A 13-year-old falls into heroin addiction and is forced to prostitute herself in Berlin in order to buy her dose.
- A girl gives birth to two children by a man she believes to be her father.
- The Country Teacher, 2008 Czech drama film
- A male teacher boards with a family and molests a teen boy.
- After Donnie burns down a local celebrity's house, a safe containing child pornography is found within the burned walls.
- Doubt, 2008
- A nun suspects the priest of her school is abusing a boy.
- Developed from the television play Alice by Dennis Potter, based on the life of 'Charles Dodgson' (Lewis Carroll).
- A 29-year-old man forms an intimate relationship with a 14-year-old-boy.
- In 1944, 13-year-old Paul, is the evil liked by his family. In search of human warmth, he discovers homosexual relationship, on war bottom, and realizes that he can pick up the attention of certain men who bring him a sensual disease but always escaped...
- A young girl tells her younger sister that she was raped by their father after she attempts to seduce him and is rejected.
- A film based on a true crime case. In the beginning sequence, the film's chief character, Andrej Romanovic, holds back a young girl in his class for detention and then attempts to rape her.
- The Exterminator, 1980
- John Eastland as "The Exterminator" raids a child prostitution ring, killing the ringleader and a state senator from New Jersey while setting a young boy free who was bound to a bed.
- A young overweight girl is raped onscreen in the woods by a man who murdered her mother and older sister. She is also depicted nude onscreen.
- A fading Hollywood star looks back at the days of his teenage youth when his mother's friend raped him, eventually playing a part in her young daughter's death.
- A teenage boy is raped and beaten out of hate and jealousy.
- For a Lost Soldier, see Voor een verloren soldaat.
- For Min Brors Skyld / For My Brother'
- Aske and his little brother live with their father who sexually abuses Aske (like forcing him to have sex with total strangers). Eventually, their father even rapes Aske's little brother Bastian. This all happens after the death of their mother five years ago, who saved Aske from his uncle, who was undressing Aske. When they were running away, Aske passed a street, and when his mother followed him she died in a car accident. (In the movie there is far more abuse then this).
- Gump's childhood sweetheart is abused by her father in a brief plot line, and some later suffering can be inferred from the earlier trauma.
- A young girl (Reese Witherspoon) who is sexually abused by her stepfather, faces foster care when her mother (Amanda Plummer) is arrested for prostitution. She runs away and encounters a serial child rapist/murderer (Kiefer Sutherland).
- Richie Gecko (Quentin Tarantino) has an on screen sexual fantasy about a young teenage girl (Juliet Lewis)
- A young woman confesses to her family that her stepfather molested and raped her from age 12 to 14.
- A married woman takes a 13-year-old boy as her lover.
- A young girl from a rough neighborhood in Boston disappears. A convicted pedophile is under suspicion by the police and the movie's protagonists, Patrick Kenzie and Angelica Gennaro.
- One of the patients is involved in a sexual relationship with her father, who lavishes her with gifts and favors. These include prematurely removing her from treatment and setting her up in her own house, where she later commits suicide after another patient confronts her about the relationship.
- A respected psychiatrist and family man is a predatory abuser of his young son's friends.
- A young woman poses as a 14-year-old to track down pedophiles who sexually solicit children in internet chat rooms.
- The young protagonist is raped by one of his mother's boyfriends.
- The series is about troubled teens in some sort of "help camp." Scott (Christensen's character) is being sexually abused by his stepmother, and Shelby (Cook's character) by her stepfather.
- A girl is raped by a mutant in her family's trailer.
- A preteen girl is raped by her male friend's older brother after being promised tickets to a concert, and she suffers depression.
- A chilling ghost story about two orphaned children whose nanny confronts her tormented past.
- Jet Boy
- A 10-year-old schoolgirl (Hansika Motwani) is raped by three men in a train.
- As a child, the character O-Ren Ishii kills her parents' murderer by exploiting the fact that he was a pedophile.
- Kids, 1995
- Directed by Larry Clark, the film follows a group of teenagers around New York City for a day. In the final scenes of the film, the character of Casper rapes Jenni, who he is unaware has just tested positive for the HIV virus. She has only ever slept with Telly, Casper's best friend, who sleeps with two other virgins in the film.
- A 13-year-old Ukrainian girl, Mimma, is raped and forced into prostitution, after she and her brother are sold by their family to a thief.
- The Kite Runner (2007)
- In one scene a boy is depicted being raped by an older boy. In a later scene, the rapist, (perhaps now a 40-year-old) Taliban activist, is said to have periodically taken young children from an orphanage, including a young boy who is revealed as a sort of pet slave, forced to dance for this man and presumably being sexually abused.
- Karla, 2006
- Filmed in 2004 depicting the crimes of Canadian serial killers Karla Homolka and her husband Paul Bernardo. The two raped and killed four girls, one girl being Karla's younger sister Tammy. The film shows many rape scenes, all with teenagers.
- Howie, a 15-year-old boy, discovers that his best friend, a hustler named Gary, is a boy prostitute to Big John, a retired military officer. After Gary and Howie rob Big John's house, Big John proposes that Howie can pay for the stolen items by having sex with him; however, Big John apparently changes his mind and they don't have sex. Big John is killed by another teenager with whom he had had a sexual relationship.
- After her music teacher has raped her older sister and gets subsequently acquitted in court, a young girl is hunted down and raped by the man as well.
- One of the main plot lines of this film concerns the release from prison of a pedophile and the effects of this event in his community.
- Rynn is a 13-year-old, whose neighbor Frank, a pedophile, tries constantly to seduce her.
- Lolita, 1962, directed by Stanley Kubrick, starring James Mason and its 1997 remake, directed by Adrian Lyne and starring Jeremy Irons
- Life as a House, 2001 drama film
- An older woman (Mary Steenburgen) begins an affair with her younger daughter's friend. Also, a teenage boy, (Hayden Christensen) prostitutes himself to older men for marijuana.
- Two girls are held captive by a gang, who proceed to rape and kill them.
- In the novel on which the film is based, the character Håkan is a pedophile. In the film, his relationship to the child vampire Eli is left open to interpretation.
- Les amitiés particulières (This Special Friendship)
- 1964 adaptation of the 1943 novel by Roger Peyrefitte
- La Mala Educación, released in English as Bad Education, 2004, a Spanish film directed by Pedro Almodóvar
- Two boys fall in love and are also abused by a priest at their school.
- A character's daughter reveals that she was raped by her sister's father as a child.
- Marian, Again, 2005
- Mark of the Vampire (1935)
- In the original script Count Mora was supposed to be involved in an incestuous relationship with his daughter Luna, and to have committed suicide. After the filming began, however, all references to the crime were cut out of the script by MGM, and so the character played by Béla Lugosi is seen with noticeable, unexplained bullet hole on the side of his forehead. Because director Tod Browning’s previous film, Freaks, had been a box office disaster, Browning was unable to object to any changes made by the studio.
- A 2004 Italian film about a 15-year-old girl's sexual exploits, starring an actual 15-year-old girl
- Mikres Aphrodites (In English "Young Aphrodites")
- A Greek film (1963) directed by Nikos Koundouros. It is set in ancient Greece, about 200 B.C. The movie focuses on a wandering band of shepherds. They arrive in a small village where there are no men because they are away fishing. Two romances develop including pre-teens/early teens, with sexually explicit scenes presented in an elegant way. Two of the shepherds (a man and boy) fall in love with a man and a girl from the village.
- Acclaimed 1991 film about two teenage hustlers, played by River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves, who turn tricks in order to support themselves and travel.
- Two adolescents molested as young boys have very different memories of their experiences.
- Mystic River, 2003 American drama film
- One of the film's central characters, Dave Boyle, is kidnapped, locked in a cellar, and sexually abused for several days by two men.
- A married art teacher has an affair with one of her 15-year-old students.
- Nuts, 1987
- A high-priced prostitute charged with manslaughter was molested as a child.
- Oude Tongen, (Old Tongues), 1994 Dutch film directed by Gerardjan Rijnders
- Oldboy, 2003 film directed by Park Chan-Wook
- Old School, 2003 American comedy film
- Mitch Martin sleeps with high school student Darcie Goldberg.
- Osama, directed by Siddiq Barmak in 2003. Tells a story about a 12-year-old girl who disguises herself as a boy to survive under the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. At the end of the movie she is abused by a senior cleric figure obsessed with washing the genitalia of children to remove ritual impurity.
- The 13-year-old protagonist, Aviva, has intercourse with an adult truck driver.
- Platoon, 1986 American war film
- Taking place in New Orleans in 1917, Violet, a 12-year-old girl, is arranged to have her virginity sold before prostitution is made illegal.
- The titular character is sexually abused by her father and gives birth to two children, one of whom has Down's syndrome.
- The protagonist becomes aware that a young member of his parish is being sexually abused by her father.
- The film is based on the true story of Kiranjit Ahluwalia, who killed her abusive husband.
- Primal Fear: 1996 American legal thriller film directed by Gregory Hoblit and starring Richard Gere and Edward Norton.
- Norton portrays a murder suspect who was sexually abused by an archbishop.
- Soo-jung's daughter was raped and killed by a man.
- Two children are abducted; two former survivors of captivity and abuse are revealed.
- The Quiet, 2005 American psychological thriller film
- A 17-year-old girl has an incestuous relationship with her father. Although never clarified, the abuse seemed to start from a young age, but they did not start having intercourse until she reached puberty.
- A woman has a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old boy.
- A teenage boy named Augusten Burroughs befriends Neil Bookman, a grown adult male, and the two begin a sexual love affair.
- Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom, 1975 Italian horror film
- Scusa ma ti chiamo amore, 2008 Italian film directed by Federico Moccia.
- A 17-year-old girl falls in love with a 37-year-old man. He gives up his family to marry the girl.
- Sin City (2005), based on the graphic novel
- Among the many separate stories, one features a scion of a powerful political family who is also a child molester and serial killer of young girls. Eight years after he is denied 11-year-old Nancy Callahan, he decides to track her down to finish the job.
- Sleepaway Camp, 1983 American slasher film
- In a brief scene, a cook at a sleepaway camp is thwarted in his intention to molest a young girl.
- Sleepers, 1996 film directed by Barry Levinson, based on the book Sleepers by Lorenzo Carcaterra
- Soft Like Me (1996), by Jeffrey Erbach
- A short movie depicting boys enslaved by men on a farm.
- Something About Amelia, 1984 American television drama film
- Story of a young girl sexually abused by her father.
- Speak, 2004 American drama film
- A freshman in high school is raped by an upperclassman at a party. This causes her to lose her friends and rarely speak.
- Hollywood drama about a young woman suffering from multiple personality disorder. She discovers in therapy that her illness is the result of having been sexually abused by her mother.
- It is implied that a young girl has incestuous relations with her father.
- Taxi Driver, 1976 American psychological drama film
- The Prince of Tides, 1991 American romantic drama film
- Tom and Savanna Wingo are raped as children by escaped convicts.
- Pete Townshend's rock opera and 1969 double-album by The Who, adapted to film in 1975 by Ken Russell, whereby teenager Tommy (Roger Daltrey) is raped and sexually abused by his “teen-sitter,” his “wicked” Uncle Ernie (Keith Moon).
- Leonardo DiCaprio plays a 16-year-old poet, who has an older man as a lover.
- In the German adaptation from 2007, 17-year-old Jim Hawkins is seduced by an adult female prostitute.
- Trust, 2010 American drama thriller
- A teenage girl is targeted by an online sexual predator.
- Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me, 1992 psychological horror film
- Twist of Faith, 2004 American documentary film directed by Kirby Dick
- Tony Comes survives sexual abuse by a Catholic priest.
- An Italian adolescent girl and her mother are raped by Moroccan Goumier soldiers during the Marocchinate war rapes in World War II.
- Centers on a young girl who has been murdered and watches over her family—and her killer—from heaven. She must weigh her desire for vengeance against her desire for her family to heal.
- V for Vendetta, an Archbishop in the Church of England shows the intent to have sex with an underage girl before he is murdered by V.
- A Very Short Life, released in Hong Kong, 2009, tells the story of a young girl who was sexually assaulted by her mother's boyfriend. During her interrogation, the mother is physically forced to watch a videotape of them having sex. Child pornography is depicted in the film, but shown off-screen.
- La virgen de los sicarios, released in English as Our Lady of the Assassins, 2000, directed by Barbet Schroeder
- An old writer has a sexual relationship with a young hitman in Medellín.
- Voor een verloren soldaat, 1992 Dutch film, released in the United States as For a Lost Soldier from the novel by Dutch author Rudi van Dantzig
- A 12-year-old boy falls in love with a Canadian soldier in Europe during World War II. The relationship becomes sexual; it's unclear if the soldier is in love with the boy.
- The War Zone, 1999 British drama film written by Alexander Stuart, directed by Tim Roth in his directorial debut, and starring Ray Winstone, Tilda Swinton, Lara Belmont, and Freddie Cunliffe.
- Watchmen, 2009 American superhero film
- Rorshach tracks down a missing girl and discovers the man who raped and killed her.
- Water, 2005 Indo-Canadian drama film set in India in 1938.
- Woman Thou Art Loosed, 2004 American drama film
- A woman named Michelle is a crack addict who was sexually abused and raped as a child by her mother's boyfriend Reggie.
- The movie stars Kevin Bacon as a pedophile who must reintegrate into society after twelve years in prison for molesting two under aged girls.
- Wicked, 1998 American thriller
- A young girl (Julia Stiles) seduces her father after trying to replace her own mother.
Criminal investigations and true stories
- The Boys of St. Vincent, 1992, directed by John N. Smith and its sequel
- The Boys of St. Vincent: 15 Years Later, 1993, directed by John N. Smith
- The two films chronicle abuse by priests at an orphanage in Canada and are based on true events. See Congregation of Christian Brothers.
- The controversy surrounding the conviction of a father and son for the abuse of children who came into their home for computer classes.
- The story of John Wayne Gacy, a serial killer who preyed on young boys.
- I Know My First Name Is Steven, also released as The Missing Years, 1989 American television miniseries directed by Larry Elikann
- The true story of Steven Stayner, who was abducted by Kenneth Parnell at age 7 and sexually abused for seven years before being reunited with his family.
- Judgment Day: The Ellie Nesler Story, 1999, directed by Stephen Tolkin
- The story of wrongfully-accused parents from the Kern County child abuse cases.
- A grandfather sexually molests a number of family members.
- About the hunt for a child molester and serial killer, played by Peter Lorre. The character is allegedly based on Peter Kürten. American remake in 1951.
- Menendez: A Killing in Beverly Hills, 1994 made-for-TV film directed by Larry Elikann, and Honor Thy Father and Mother: The True Story of the Menendez Murders 1994, directed by Paul Schneider
- The story of the Menendez brothers, who murdered their parents then claimed they had been abused as children.
- About a child sex abuse ring in Belgium.
- Sex Crimes and the Vatican (2006)
- A documentary filmed for the BBC Panorama documentary series which detailed how the Vatican has used something called Crimen sollicitationis or secret documentation to silence allegations of sexual abuse by priests and how it was enforced for twenty years by Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger before he became Pope Benedict XVI. 
- A documentary about Stevie Fielding, an abused boy who became an abuser himself.
- Unspeakable Acts, 1990 ABC made-for-TV movie directed by Linda Otto and featuring Joseph Mazzello, based on the book Unspeakable Acts by Jan Hollingsworth
- Sexual abuse allegations at a Dade County daycare center that occurred during the 1980s moral panic over alleged sexual abuse in daycares; based on a true story.
- List of books portraying paedophilia or sexual abuse of minors
- List of songs portraying paedophilia or sexual abuse of minors
- List of works for the theatre portraying paedophilia or sexual abuse of minors
- Coming of Age: Movie and Video Guide by Don Lort. Companion Press, 1997. ISBN 1889138029
- The Moving Picture Boy: An International Encyclopaedia from 1895 to 1995 by John Holmstrom. Michael Russell Publishing, 1996. ISBN 0859551784
- Children in the Movies, by Neil Sinyard: a study of how childhood has been portrayed in films. Palgrave Macmillan, 1992. ISBN 031207574X
- Griffin, Drew; Johnston, Kathleen. "Priest makes 'most honest confession' of his life". CNN.com. http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/06/27/griffin.priestabuse/. Retrieved 2007-09-10.
- Erotic innocence by James R. Kincaid, Duke University Press 1998
- Filmmaker James Bolton's Eban and Charley, J.T. Leroy
- Bjurvald, Anton (2008-10-24). "Intervju med regissören Thomas Alfredsson" (in Swedish). Allt om film. http://www.alltomfilm.se/ArticlePages/200810/24/20081024135429_DVD137/20081024135429_DVD137.dbp.asp. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- British Medical Journal, Views and reviews Just another nightmare? T Sheldon, April 9, 1994
- FileThirteen.com Review of Running Scared (2006)
- Bright Lights Film Journal Boys on the Side A Survey of Adult/Youth Relationships in Movies and TV, Gary Morris
- BBC, Panoroma Sex crimes and the Vatican
|This page uses content from Wikipedia that has since been deleted. As with this wiki (Annex), the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons license.|